Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No time for cookin...

Well so much for my cooking blog..I guess the holidays are not the time to start...I've haven't gotten much quality cook time in this week.  Haven't been eating well either.  Hate weeks like this!  On Sunday I did make a recipe that just didn't come out as good as I'd hoped..Braised Chicken with Carmelized Balsamic and Brown Sugar Glaze.  Sounds yummy, doesn't it?  Now I can cook, and I can follow a recipe, but this is probably one of the worst braises I've tried.  My chicken wasn't very tender and my "glaze" did not caramelize...more like a thin sauce.  Flavor was ok, but just didn't knock my socks off.  I hate it when I make a really good sounding recipe and it doesn't live up to my expectations. 

Now I did have really good sushi for lunch.  From Giant Eagle of all places...they really do have great sushi.  I tried their Hawaiian Roll..spicy tuna...awesome.  Had it yesterday and had some left over for lunch today and wished I'd had more.  I love sushi and I hate it when people say "ewww..I hate sushi"...all they think is raw fish, when so much of it doesn't even have fish in it now, with all the different rolls they have.  And there are certain fishes that I don't like in sushi...texture issues.  So when people say they hate it I wish they would just try some different ones...they would be surprised I think.  Sushi is good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment