Monday, December 21, 2009

Leftovers....

I'm not a big fan of leftovers.  The only foods I really like left over are Chinese (or any Asian cusine) and pasta.  I don't like leftover roasts...ugh...dry meat.  Not really chicken either.  I love to eat leftover Chinese wrapped up in a flour tortilla...the leftover rice is awful...so I wrap it up in a tortilla and it's delicious.  And pasta always seems to taste better the next day...weirdly enough...cold.  Yes, cold.  Right out of the Tupperware.  Oh, and I do like leftover meatloaf. 

However, I do try once in awhile to make something, say on a Sunday, that I can have leftover for Monday and don't have to cook much after work.  So yesterday I decided I needed to use up this applesauce I had from a Christmas recipe I made (and will have to post that because it was fabulous), and while shopping I found a nice little boneless pork loin roast.  The recipe itself was so-so, so I'm not going to post it, but it was basically mixing applesauce with some dijon mustard and honey.  I added a little curry powder because, well, because I like curry.  You pour this mixture over the meat and roast it till it's done.  It was by no means horrible...I ate it, and thought it was ok.  Not a keeper recipe for me though...ahh...I get to throw another clipping out...YAY!  But of course, there were leftovers.  So tonight I cut a few slices, got some of the gooey mixture from the pan I roasted it in, put it in a frying pan, heated it and poured in some chicken broth to make a sauce.  I gotta say, not bad for leftover meat.  I have enough for another night, and even if there was more I wouldn't eat it...like I said, not a big fan of leftovers, especially more than one or two days worth.  I think tomorrow I'll cube it and make some kind of Asian dish with it...over rice. 

I will say it was nice to come home and only have to make a side dish or two.  I made a good old fashioned baked potato because I haven't had one in ages, and I roasted some fresh green beans with garlic, ans sprinkled them with blue cheese coming out of the oven.  Very good!

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas...I'm not, but then again, I never am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment